If you are looking for eligibility for Associate Professor, then you are at the right place. This blog post aims to provide the UGC guidelines for the appointment of an Associate Professor through direct recruitment and under promotion. Moreover, you can also download the complete UGC notification PDF from the link given below.
UGC Associate Professor eligibility (Direct Recruitment)
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience in teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a University, College, or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed/UGC listed journals and a total research score of Seventy Five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix III, Table 2 of UGC guidelines (PDF)
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and the technology-mediated teaching-learning process.
Promotion from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor
1) Selection Grade Assistant Professor who has completed three years of service in that
2) Ph.D. degree in the concerned subject/allied/relevant discipline.
3) Any one of the following during the last three years: completed one course/program from among the categories of Refresher Courses/ Methodology Workshops/Syllabus Up-Gradation Workshop/ Teaching-Learning-Evaluation Technology Programmes / Faculty Development Programmes of at least two weeks (ten days) duration (or completed two courses of at least one week (five days) duration in lieu of every single
course/program of at least two weeks (ten days) duration); or taken one MOOCs course (with e-certification); or contribution towards the development of e-content in 4-quadrant(at least one quadrant) minimum of 10 modules of a course/contribution towards the development of at least 10 modules of MOOCs course/ contribution towards the conduct of a MOOCs course during the period of assessment.
CAS Promotion Criteria: A teacher shall be promoted if
i) The teacher gets satisfactory‘ or good grades in the annual performance assessment reports of at least two of the last three years of the assessment period and
ii) The promotion to the post of Associate Professor is recommended through the selection committee constituted as per these Regulations.
Dr. Sunny is an Assistant Professor in higher education. He has completed his Ph.D. He has a depth of knowledge in the research field and in higher education.