The JKSSB 4th class exam was conducted on 27th of February, 28th of February, 01 March (2021). We have uploaded the JKSSB 4th class solved papers on our website.
In this post, we have uploaded the question paper with answer which was held on 27 February, 2021.
Link of the question paper which was held on 28 February.
Link of the question paper which was held on 01 March.
About Question Paper (JKSSB 4th Class, 27 February)
The question paper contains 4 sections and total 100 questions.
|Section||Number of Question|
|General Awareness and Science||40|
Section 1:- Basic Mathematics
1)A, B and C can do a piece of work in 36, 54 and 72 days respectively. They started the work but A left 8 days before the completion of the work while B left 12 days before the completion. The number of days for which C worked is
2. A boy gets 38% of the maximum marks and fails by 16 marks while another boy gets 44% of the maximum marks and gets & marks more than the minimum required marks. What are the marks required to pass the exam?
3) In a class of 125 students, 70 passed in Mathematics, 55 passed in Statistics and 30 passed in both. What is the probability that a student selected at random from the class has passed in only one subject?
A) 13/ 25
4) A card is drawn from a pack of 100 cards numbered 1 to 100. What is the probability that a square number is drawn?
5) The least number when divided by 12, 15, 20, 54, leaves a remainder of 4 in each case isB
6) The average age of a group of friends is 32 years. One more friend of age 25 years joined the group How many friends are there in the group now if the sum of their ages is 249 years?
7) The walls and the roof of a room 10 ft in length, 8 ft in width and 10 ft in height is to be painted. How much will it cost at rupees 5 per square ft ?
A) Rupees 1600
B) Rupees 2000
C) Rupees 2200
D) Rupees 2400
8) Which number must be added to each of the numbers 7 and 13 so that the resultant numbers will be in the ratio 2:3?
9) 5 years ago, Bharti’s mother was 3 times as old as Bharti. After 6 years she will be twice as old as Bharti. Present age (in years) of Bharti is
10) A cuboid whose length is equal to its width has a volume of 24 cubic feet. If the height of the cuboid is 1.5 feet, then what is the length of the cuboid?
A) 4 feet
B) 5 feet
C) 6 feet
D) 8 feet
11) The average of the four successive odd numbers is 34. What would be the value of the smallest of these number?
12) A man receives 20% Increase in his salary. If his new salary is 24,600/-, then his old salary was
13) The length of a room is 15 m and its breadth is double its height. If the area of four walls of the room is 250 sq.m, breadth of the room is:
A) 5 m
B) 8 m
C) 10 m
D) 19 m
14 the price of an article Increases by 49% and the sale article decreases by 21%, then what is the approximate effect on collection?
A) 15% decrease
B 18% increase
C) 21% decrease
D) 28% increase
15) The average weight of eight boxes is increased by 2.5 kg when some goods are added to one of the boxes. The weight of goods added to this box is
A) 15 Kg
B) 10 Kg
C) 20 Kg
D) NOT determinable
16) Dialing a telephone number to an old person forgets last three digits. Remembering only that these digits are different, he dialed at random. What is the chance that the number dialed is CORRECT?
C) 9/ 70
17) If 30% of A = 0.25 of B = 1/5th part of C, then A:B:C =
A) 10: 12: 15
B) 10: 13:1
C) 10: 12: 13
D) 10: 12:17
18) If a student had five hours of homework and has worked for three and a half hours, what part of his homework is yet to be done?
A) 1/3 part
B) 2/3 part
C) 3/10 part
D) 2/5 part
19) If P and Q together can complete a job in 3 days while P alone can do the same in 12 days, then how many days would be required by Q to do the job alone?
A) 3 days
B) 4 days
C) 6 days
D) 12 days
20) Sum of the ages of father and son is 74. After 8 years, father will be twice as old as son. The present age (in years) of the father is
Section 2: Basic Reasoning
21) If P*Q means P is the mother of Q, P-Q means P is the brother of Q. P+Q means P is the sister of Q. P % Q means P is the father of Q, then how is ‘L’ related to ‘O In O %R-M *L?
22) Anita rides her scooter 7 miles South from her office. She then picks up her friend, turns right and travels for 3 miles. She then takes another right turn and rides 15 miles more to drop her friend. She then turns right and travels for 11 miles to reach home. In which direction is her home from her office?
23) In this question, out of the four figures, three are similar in a certain manner. However, one figure is NOT like the other three. Which of the figures is different from the rest?
24) Ajay starts from his house, takes his bicycle and cycles 2 kilometres West. He then turns left and cycles a further 3 kilometres. He turns left again and cycles another 4 kilometres. In which direction is Ajay now from his house?
25) What number should come next in this series?
85, 10, 75, 14,
26) What number should come next in this series?
10, 11, 24, 75,
27) What number should come next in this series?
2,3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19, 22,
28) Rajan is the son of Rupa’s mother-in-law’s only son Rishi. How is Rishi related to Rajan?
29) Which of the figures given in the answer figures will complete the figural series given in the problem figures?
30) If mango’ is called ‘orange’, ‘orange is called ‘flower’, Mower is called jellyfish. “Jellyfish’ is called tall and ‘tall is called painting, then what is ‘Rose’?
31) Select the alternative that will make the second pair analogous to the first pair given as:
Grass : Lawn:: Crop: ?
32) As per the code represented below, what is the coded string for KNOWLEDGE?
33) In a certain code language, ‘hot filtered coffee’ is coded as ‘123’, very hot day is coded as ‘356’ and ‘day and night is coded as ‘589’. What is the code for ‘very?
34) Suresh is facing towards East in his classroom. His teacher ties a black cloth around his eyes and asks him to spin clockwise 3 and a half times. Suresh is then asked to spin 4 and a quarter turns clockwise again. Again, he is asked to spin for another 1 and a half turns anti-clockwise. In which direction will Suresh face finally?
35) Select the altamative that will replace the question mark in the analogy
Composite : 100 : Prime : ?
36) In this question, out of the four figures, three are similar in a certain manner. However, one figure is NOT like the other three
Select the figure which is different from the rest:
37) X is the brother of Y and son of Z. Z is the husband of W, son of M and brother of S. Based on the information given, who is the daughter-in-law in the group?
39) In the following diagram, there are 3 intersecting circles showing 3 different classes, one showing those candidates who are educated in computers, second showing those who know rules and regulations of office and third showing graduates. Each part of the diagram is represented by a letter
Which letter represents those candidates who are educated in computers but are neither graduates nor know rules and regulations of office ?
40) Which of the following figures will complete the analogy given below?
Section 3:- Basic English
41) Chooose the word that is spell correctly and fill the blanks.
The house they inherited belongs to ____________ Grandfather
42) Fill the blank with the correct option
_________cost of ___________ new scheme outweighs its supposed benefits
B) The, an
D) No Article, an
43) Fill in the blank the correct option
Comets_________at regular intervals
D) is appearing
44) Fill the blanks with the correct option:
I find it very tiring to do___________ same job day after day
A) No Articles
45) Choose the word that is spelt correctly and fill the blanks:
Physical___________ is important for good health.
46) Identify the synonym of the sliced word
The human ear lets in a very limited range of frequencies.
B) Looks into
C) Gives up
47) Fill in the blanks with the correct option:
The film—-in New York next week.
Direction for Question (48-52):
53) Fill in the blanks with the correct option.
Jane wanted …….camera to take ….pictures of her friends on Graduation Day, but now she doesn’t need it.
A) A, much
B) An, many!
C) A, few
D) A, some
54) Fill in the blanks with the correct preposition:
She is ______ the ticket counter_____ the park.
A) on in
B) in, on
C) at, in
D) in, at
55) Choose the correct preposition lo complete the sentence
They are sitting_______ the bench
56) Find the antonym of the underlined word
I stopped a man on the roadside and asked him for help.
57) Identify the synonym of the underlined word;
The heat gradually dissipates into the atmosphere.
58) Fill in the blanks with the correct option.
John is never_______ silent spectator in any argument he witnesses
58 Choose the antonym the underlined word.
The conversation she had with her long lost friend was acrid
60) Change the given sentence into a complex sentence
Follow this diet regularly and you will soon lose weight.
A) Regular dieting will lead to weight loss
B) If you follow this diet regularly, you will soon lose weight.
C) Following this diet regularly helps to lose weight.
D) Follow this diet regularly or you will not lose weight.
Section 4-General Knowledge and Science
61 The Jamia Masjid of Srinagar, a fine example of Indo Saracenic architecture was constricted under the patronage of
A) Sultan Haj Khan
C) Sultan Skandar Butshikan
62) A traditional dress, worn during winter and a popular form of dressing amongst both men and women in the Kashmir region is:
63) in February 2020, Asia’s largest biotechnology and life-sciences summit BioAsia 2020, was held in which of the following cities of India?
64) Match the following Sports person with the Sports they played
A) A-3, B-2, C-1, D-4
B) A-3, B-4, C-1, D-2
C) A-3, B-4, C-2, D-1
D) A-1, B-4, C-2 D-3
65) The capital city of Rajasthan famous for its architecture and rich culture is:
66) identify the mobile app launched by the Government of India for tracking Covid 19
B) Aarogya Setu
C) Covid Monitor App
D) Corona Kavach
67) Nine degree channel separates which of the following group of islands?
A) Andaman and Nicobar
B) Laccadives and Minicoy
C) Great Andaman and Little Andaman
D) Daman and Diu oikants
68) Bleeding of gums and delayed healing of wound caused due to the deficiency of which of the following vitamins?
A) Vitamin A
B) Vitamin B
C) Vitamin C
D) Vitamin D
69) Who among the following won the 2020 Australia Open Tennis tournament in the Women’s category?
A) Simona Halep
B) Sofia Kenin
C) Caroline Wozniacki
D) Naomi Osaka
70) Which of the following Indian leaders was fatally injured by a British Sergeant while protesting against the Simon Commission?
A) Lala Lajpat Rai
B) Bhagat Singh
C) Sukhdev Thapar
D) Khudiram Bose
71) Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden dubbed as Asia’s largest tulip garden is situated on the foothills of the Zabarwan mountain range on the banks of
A) Wular lake
B) Nigeen lake
C) Dal lake
D) Mansabal lake
72) The Edicts of Ashoka are a collection of inscriptions on the pillars, cave walls written using different scripts. Which one of the following options is NOT a script used in these inscriptions?
73) The branch of medicine which deals with the study of the digestive system and its disorders is:
74) The Khajuraho temples dedicated to the Hinduism and Jainism were built by the rulers of which of the following dynasties?
A) Rashtrakuta dynasty
B) Gupta dynasty
C) Satavahana dynasty
D) Chandela dynasty
75) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founded and consolidated the Maratha Empire in 1674 with which of the following places as its capital?
76) Vitamins are substances that our body needs to grow and develop normally. The deficiency of which of the Showing vitamins leads to Night Blindness
A) Vitamin A
B) Viamin D
C) Vitamin K
D) Vitamin E
77)The process through which the physical state of matter changes from the gaseous phase into the liquid horse is called:
78) Bhitarkanika wildlife sanctuary in Odisha is a conservation site for:
A) King cobra
B) Blue footed booby
C) Saltwater crocodile
D) Indian elephant
79) Which of the following regions is one of the prominent Mica reserves of India?
A) Hazaribagh plateau
B) Bastar plateau
C) Aravalli range
D) Nicobar islands
80) Which of the following wildlife reserves best known as the home of the Hangul, or Kashmir stag is located near the city of Srinagar? darespirant
A) Dachigam National Park
B) Nandini Wildiife Sanctuary
C) Overa Aru Wildlife Sanctuary
D) Ramnagar National Park
81) Who won the FIFA World Cup Golden Boot award in 2018?
A) Denis Cheryshev
B) Harry Kane
C) Cristiano Ronaldo
D) Romelu Lukaku
82) Which of the following languages mainly spoken in the Jammu region is included in the Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution?
83) As of September 2020, who among the following is the Vice Chairperson of NITI Aayog?
A) Rajiv Kumar
B) Bibek Debroy
C) V.K. Saraswat
D) Arvind Panagariya
84) Dandiya, a popular folk dance form orginated in which of the following states of India?
85) As of September 2020, the Defence Secretary of India is
A) Ajay Kumar
B) Sanjay Mitra
C) Shashi Kant Sharma
D) Vijay Singh
86) The indus Water Treaty between India and Pakistan, brokered by the World Bank was signed in 1960. The treaty was signed by india’s Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and Pakistan’s President
A) Farooq Leghari
B) Fazal ilahi Chaudhry
C) Mohammad Ayub Khan
D) Iskandar Mirza
87) The Surajkund Mela which showcases the richness and diversity of the handicrafts, handlooms and cultural fabric of India is organised by which state every year?
D) Himachal Pradesh
88) Who among the following emperors of the Gupta dynasty earned the title Vikramaditya?
B) Chandragupta II
89) Which of the following liquid insecticide is used for Malaria vector control as per WHO guidelines?
A) Sodium chloride
B) Sodium bicarbonate
D) Acetic acid
90) The indian Military Academy (IMA) is situated in the capital of which of the following states of India?
C Uttar Pradesh
91) Which of the following sarees were first produced in Madhya Pradesh?
A) Paithani sarees
B) Kanchipuram sarees
C) Maheshwari sarees
D) Bandhani sarees
92) What is the unit used measure the quantity of ozone content in the atmosphere
A) Einstein unit
C) Dobson unit
93) Kuchipudi is the classical dance form of which of the following states of India ?
D) Andhra Pradesh
94) Which of the following combinations of fabric and its originating state is matched CORRECTLY?
A) Muga – Uttar Pradesh
B) Pochampally – Kerala
C) Chanderi – Madhya Pradesh
D) Muslin – Odisha
95) Which of the following cricket teams won the 2019-20 Ranji Trophy?
96) The odorant added to LPG to identify the leakage is:
C) Dimethyl sulfide
D) Ethyl mercaptan
97) Amarnath pilgrims have to go through which of the following passes to reach the shrine of Shri Amarnathji?
A) Banihal pass
B) Mahagunas pass
C) Zoji La pass
D) Baralacha La pass
98) Who among the following players scripted history by becoming the first Indian to win the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Tour Finals in 2019?
A) Saina Nehwal
B) P. V. Sindhu
C) Srikanth Kidambi
D) Parupalli Kashyap
99) Water pollution occurs when harmful substances like microorganisms contaminate a water body degrading the water quality and rendering it toxic to humans or the environment. Which one of the following diseases is NOT due to contamination of water?
A) Hepatitis E
100) The capital city of which of the following states is located in the Chotanagpur Plateau?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Dr. Sunny is an Assistant Professor in higher education. He has completed his Ph.D. He has a depth of knowledge in the research field and in higher education.
5 thoughts on “JKSSB Question Paper: 4th Class solved paper 2021(Paper 1)”