Guidelines for Writing Ph. D Synopsis.
FORMAT OF SYNOPSIS (MS/MPHIL & PHD). Given below is an outline for synopsis writing. It provides guidelines for organization and presentation of research.
INTRODUCTION OF 2-3 PAGES
- Identify a real world problem
- Describe the undesirable symptoms
- Identify the knowledge gap that needs to be filled in order to help solve the problem
- Support your discussion with solid peer-reviewed references
- Create an Outline or “mindmap” of the key theories and concepts.
- Dig deep into the “ Peer-reviewed” literature for each theory and concept and create an annotated bibliography and literature map
- Write literature review
- Map out the research gap
- Identify the “type(s)” of question that need to be answer to fulfill the purpose
- Develop the main research question and sub-questions
- Develop hypotheses as appropriate
- Identify and diagram the key variables in the research question
- Identify and diagram the key relationships between the variables
- Identify and diagram the key context factors
- Describe the framework
- Research Process
- Based on the research questions, the overall approach (Data Collection, Analysis methods, Validity and Reliability test process)
POSSIBLE OUTCOME AND LIMITATIONS OF YOUR STUDY
- Identify the larger application(s) and meaning(s) of the findings.
- Identify the limitations associated with the findings and conclusion.
BIBLIOGRAPHY OR REFERENCES
Most preferable format:
Font: Times New Roman
Title of the thesis: 18
Main Heading: 14 Bold
Sub Heading: 12 Bold
Reference style: APA/IEEE/Harvard
Dr. Sunny is an Assistant Professor in higher education. He has completed his Ph.D. He has a depth of knowledge in the research field and in higher education.