Publish free of cost in agricultural & biological sciences research-related journals. There are many non-APC biological sciences and agricultural journals that publish without publication fees. However, researchers are unaware of such unpaid journals.
In this blog post, we are listing such free sciences journals.
List of Free agriculture & biological sciences journals
Most of these Free agriculture & biological sciences journals publish in hybrid mode. With hybrid open access, the author, institution, or funder pays an Article Publication Charge (APC) for the article to be open access – making it immediately available for the readers.
1. Journal of Theoretical Biology
The Journal of Theoretical Biology is the leading forum for theoretical perspectives that give insight into biological processes.
Aim and Scope:
- Brain and Neuroscience
- Cancer Growth and Treatment
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Infectious and non-infectious Diseases,
- Mathematical, Computational, Biophysical and Statistical Modeling
- Microbiology, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry
- Networks and Complex Systems
- Animal Behavior and Game Theory
2. Current Biology
Current Biology is a general journal that publishes original research across all areas of biology together with an extensive and varied set of editorial sections.
3. Food and Chemical Toxicology
The principal aim of the journal is to publish high-impact, scholarly work and to serve as a multidisciplinary forum for research in toxicology.
Aim & Scope:
- Adverse physiological/biochemical, or pathological changes induced by specific defined substances
- New techniques for assessing potential toxicity, including molecular biology
- Mechanisms underlying toxic phenomena
- Toxicological examinations of specific chemicals or consumer products, both those showing adverse effects and those demonstrating safety, that meet current standards of scientific acceptability
4. Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology
The journal publishes original research papers, review articles, and short communications in the basic and applied area concerning insects, mites or other arthropods and nematodes of economic importance in agriculture, forestry, industry, human and animal health, and natural resource and environment management, and is the official journal published four times a year by the Korean Society of Applied Entomology.
5. Trends in Food Science and Technology
Trends in Food Science & Technology is one of the premier international peer-reviewed journals publishing critical reviews and commentaries of current technology, food science, and human nutrition.
6. Life Sciences in Space Research
Life Sciences in Space Research publishes top-quality papers in space research to serve our life sciences community in a fast and easily accessible manner.
Aim & Scope:
- Prebiotic chemistry and origin of life;
- Life in extreme environments;
- Habitability in the solar system and beyond;
- Ecological life support and sustainability;
- Functionality, monitoring and control of ecosystem in space environment;
- Animal models in space research;
- Effects of space flight conditions on human bodies;
- Non-cancer health effects of space radiation, space flight;
- Space radiation risk assessment and countermeasures;
- Space radiation dosimetry – measurements, modeling and detector development;
- Gravitational effects in biological systems;
- Effects of space radiation in living organisms at the cellular and molecular levels.
7. Molecular Plant
Molecular Plant is dedicated to serving the plant science community by publishing novel and exciting findings with high significance in plant biology.
Aim & Scope:
The journal focuses broadly on cellular biology, physiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, development, plant-microbe interaction, genomics, bioinformatics, and molecular evolution.
8. Marine Environmental Research
Marine Environmental Research publishes original research papers on chemical, physical, and biological interactions in the oceans and coastal waters.
Aim & Scope:
- The extent, persistence, and consequences of change and the recovery from such change in natural marine systems
- The biochemical, physiological, and ecological consequences of contaminants to marine organisms and ecosystems
- The biogeochemistry of naturally occurring and anthropogenic substances
- Models that describe and predict the above processes
- Monitoring studies, to the extent that their results provide new information on functional processes
- Methodological papers describing improved quantitative techniques for the marine sciences.
9. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology
Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology publishes original scientific articles pertaining to the mode of action of plant protection agents such as insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and similar compounds, including nonlethal pest control agents, biosynthesis of pheromones, hormones, and plant resistance agents.
Research Areas Emphasized Include the Biochemistry and Physiology of:
• Comparative toxicity
• Mode of action
• Plant growth regulators
• Other effects of pesticides on both parasites and hosts
More related posts:
Dr. Sunny is an Assistant Professor in higher education. He has completed his Ph.D. He has a depth of knowledge in the research field and in higher education.