We have uploaded all fully JKSSB previous years solved papers on phdtalks.org. Here you will get the question paper of 2019. Answers keys are also provided below. You can get other previous year papers from here.
About the question paper
This question papers was set by JKSSB in 2019.
|Exam held on||30 June 2019|
|Section||Number of Question|
|1. General English||20|
|2. GK and Current Affairs||20|
|3. GK About J and K||20|
|4. General Science||20|
|5. Mental Ability Test||20|
|6. Computer Applications||20|
Fully Solved JKSSB Question Paper
Section 1 – General English
1) Fill in the blanks with the correct option:
I___________pray more often.
A) ought to
C) ought not
D) need not to
2) Fill in the blank with suitable option given below:
The town I come from is so small that you
probably won’t find it_____a map.
3) Fill in the blank with the suitable option:
He went to the meeting in a casual suit,
__wasn’t a smart thing to do. A) who B) when C) where D) which 4) Which word is closest in meaning to the underlined word in the sentence? In such a needful situation, one should learn to adjure, instead of conjuring excuses.” A) ignore . B) argue C) appeal D) command 5) Fill in the blank with the suitable option: Their__ likes to live in isolation, and
doesn’t respond in_________to unexpected
A) like, type
B) type, like
C) kind, kind
D) kin, klin
6) Change the sentence from reported speech to direct speech.
Gautami said that she had received plenty of job offers.
A) “I received plenty of job offers”, said Gautami.
B) “Gautami said that, She received plenty of job
C) “I was receiving plenty of job offers”, said Gautami
D) “I will receive plenty of job offers”, said Gautami
7) Fill in the blanks with the correct option:
We cancelled our outing, _
A) because it was raining
B) if it would have rained
C) when it will rain
D) as it will be raining
8) In what logical order can we arrange the given sentences to get a coherent paragraph?
A) Desire is the opposite of contentment, feeling of satisfaction.
B) To deal with dreams and desire, psychiatrists
have identified a dreamer as the owner of “nonrational
form of knowledge”.
C) Like a fortune-teller, the dreamer ‘sees’ the
future and leads his desires.
D) Subconscious information is essentially
E) It involves seeing and nurturing a vision of the
future, along with wants and necessities.
9) Which word is the farthest in meaning from
the underlined word in the sentence, “He is
illiterate, so don’t expect miracles out of him
10) Identify the meaning of underlined phrase.
The Lawyer’s arguments fell flat on the judge
A) had no effect
B) had great influence
C) had a considerable charm
D) had the opposite effect
11) Fill in the blank with the suitable option:
Using his binoculars, he could spot US
cargo ship in the distance.
D) No article required
12) Change the sentence from direct speech to
Sunitha said “Why don’t you buy land now even
when you know it’s a good investment!”
A) Sunita suggested me to never purchase land as
it was a bad investment.
B) Sunita suggested me to purchase land as it was
a good investment.
C) Sunita enquired the reason for my not buying
land when I knew it was a good investment.
D) Sunita was cross at me for not buying land
when I knew it is a good investment.
13) Fill in the blank with suitable option given
She is__________her annual vacation, so don’t
call and disturb her.
14) Fill in the blank with the suitable option:
Are you counting on him for a lift? He will let you
mount his bike when___________
A) kingdom comes
B) donkeys talk
C) pigs fly
D) dogs cry
15) Fill in the blank with the suitable option:
A lot of practice is needed to get such
choreography to work, in______first place.
D) No article required
16) Fill in the blank with suitable option given below:
Sheena cried when she__________that
A) realised / will lose
B) had realised / lost
C) realised / had lost
D) has realised / lost
17) Fill in the blanks with the correct option:
I will address this problem after I_______my work.
A) lie, lay
B) lay, lie
C) lain, laid
D) laid, lain
18) Rearrange the following jumbled words to form a
A) He worked extremely hard so, he got the
B) He got the promotion so, he extremely worked
C) He promotion got so he worked hard extremely.
D) The promotion he got so he worked hard
19) Fill in the blank with the suitable option:
you need any further clarification, please feel free to reach out. A) should B) Could C) Shall D) Must
20) Fill in the blank with the suitable option: He ___ on the carpet all day playing video
games, when his father had asked him to __ on the mattress.
Section 2: GK and Current Affairs
21) The hockey team of Belgium won their first ever World cup title on 16th December 2018 after they defeated which of the following countries?
22) In which of the following years was the practice of ‘Sati’ abolished?
23) Which statement among the following is NOT correct with respect to the production of Wheat
A) It is mainly grown in the drier parts of South India
B) It is a temperate crop
C) It is a rabi crop
D) It requires cool climate with moderate rainfall.
24) Which of the following languages was declared as the 6th Classical language in 2014 by
the Government of India?
25) Which of the following options is CORRECT with reference to the official languages in
A) Tamil, Malayalam, English, Marathi
B) Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati
C) Tamil, Telugu, English, Marathi
D) Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, English
26) Which of the following statements is TRUE with reference to the Jnanpith Award, 2018?
A) Girish Karnad was the recipient of the award in the year 2018
B) Krishna Sobti was awarded the 54th Jnanpith Award for the year 2018
C) Shankha Ghosh was chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith Award for the year 2018
D) Amitav Ghosh was awarded the 54th Jnanpith award for the year 2018
Q 27) Who is the first Indian filmmaker to have a wax statue at Madame Tussauds, London?
A) Subhash Ghai
B) Rakesh Roshan
C) Karan Johar
D) Mani Ratnam
28) Which of the following mountain ranges is called the “The Five Treasures of the Snow ?
A) The Purvanchal Range
B) Pir Panjal Range
C) Mount Everest
29) Which of the following Countries and their Capitals are incorrectly matched?
A) Uganda – Kampala
B) Zambia – Harare
C) Lebanon – Beirut
D) Mongolia – Ulaanbaatar
30) Which is Asia’s oldest and continuously published newspaper in India?
A) The Bombay Samachar
B) The Times of India
C) Dainik Bhaskar
D) The Telegraph
31) Who among the following is the author of the book The Accidental Prime Minister’?
A) Sanjaya Baru
B) Uday Tara Nayar
C) Siddhartha Mukherjee
D) Shashi Tharoor
32) How many sessions does the Lok Sabha conduct each year?
33) Which of the following is incorrectly matched with respect to the books and their
A) Citizen Delhi: My Times, My Life – Dr. Samir Sharma
B) Imperfect – Sanjay Manjrekar
C) A Century is Not Enough – Sourav Ganguly
D) The Diary of a Domestic Diva – Shilpa Shetty
34) Who is the first Indian to win an individual gold medal at the Olympic Games?
A) Karnam Malleswari
B) Abhinav Bindra
C) Mahesh Bhupathi
D) Vishwanathan Anand
35) Which among the given option of soils is ideal for cotton cultivation?
36) Which of the following options is TRUE with reference to Rahul Dravid being inducted
as the Indian cricketer in the ICC Hall of Fame?
A) Dravid is the fifth Indian cricketer to be formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of
B) Dravid is the Sixth Indian cricketer to be formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of
C) Dravid follows after Bishen Singh Bedi, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar and Anil
D) Fellow ICC Hall of Famer, Kapil Dev presented Dravid with the memento
37) Who among the following scientists was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2018?
A) Arthur Ashkin
B) Frances H. Arnold
C) Donna Strickland
D) Gerard Mourou
38) Which of the following is a FALSE statement with respect to the South Asia Satellite launched by India in 2017?
A) Eight SAARC countries are part of this project
B) The South Asia Satellite is India’s “priceless
gift” to its neighbours as part of the ‘sabka sath, sabka vikas’ concept
C) Besides India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Afghanistan will benefit
from this satellite
D) Initially, it was to be named as ‘SAARC Satellite’ but its name was changed to South
39) Which of the following options is CORRECT?
A) Roald Amundsen is the first person to reach North Pole
B) Robert Peary is the first person to reach South Pole
C) Sunita Pandya Williams is the first Indian woman in space
D) The first Indian woman in space was Kalpana Chawla
40) In which of the following years did the Santhal Rebellion against the British begin?
Section 3: GK About J and K
41)Which of the following statements is FALSE with reference to the Indus Water Treaty,
A) A Permanent Indus Commission should be created consisting of officials from India and
Pakistan, to implement and manage the objectives of the Indus Waters Treaty
B) All the waters of the Western Rivers shall be available for the unrestricted use of India,
except as otherwise expressly provided in the treaty
C) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Mohammad Ayub Khan signed this treaty for complete and
satisfactory utilization of the waters of the Indus system of rivers
D) Pakistan shall have the unrestricted use of all waters originating from sources other than the
Eastern Rivers which are delivered by Pakistan into the Ravi or the Sutlej
42) An archaeological site excavated by Archaeological Survey of India during 1976-77
containing the remains of the Indus Valley Civilization in the state of Jammu and Kashmir
43) This palace is an example of medieval Tibetan architecture that once served as the
regal residence of the Namgyal dynasty and now is a popular tourist destination in Jammu
and Kashmir. Identify the palace from the following options.
A) Hari Niwas Palace
B) Amar Mahal Palace
C) Leh palace
D) Sher Garhi Palace
44) Who among the following personalities born in Phagwal village of Jammu, popularised
the art of tabla playing all over the world?
A) Uma Dutt Sharma
B) Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasiya
C) Ustad Allarakha Khan
D) Pandit Vishnu Sharma
45) Who among the following Kashmiri singers was conferred with Padma Shri in 2002 and
Sangeet Akademi award in 2013?
A) Rupa Bhawani
B) Habba Khatoon
C) Raj Begum
D) Ghulam Ahmad Mahjoor
46) Pakal Dul Dam is a 1000-MW hydroelectric power project located at which of the
following places in Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Drangdhuran village of Kishtwar district
B) Warikhah village of Baramulla district
C) Chandwa village of Resai district
D) Alchi village of Leh district
47) Golf tourism is one of the main attractions in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Which of
the following options is an international standard 18 hole golf course located at Sidhra?
A) Jammu Tawi Golf Course
B) Royal Springs Golf Course
C) Army Dhruva Golf Course
D) Kashmir Golf Course
48) ‘Gulf of Corpses’ is the name given to the deepest section of which of the following lakes
in Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Wular lake
B) Dal lake
C) Mansabal lake
D) Satsar lake
49) Which of the following statements is INCOREECT with reference to the ’Standstill
Agreement’ in relation to the state of Jammu and Kashmir?
A) The Prime Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Maharaja Hari Singh proposed this agreement
to India and Pakistan on 12th August, 1947
B) Pakistan accepted the agreement for the continuance of the existing arrangements
pending settlement of details and formal execution
C) India gave its consent to this agreement and Jammu and Kashmir was allowed to remain
D) India did not agree to the offer and advised the Maharaja to send his authorized
representative to Delhi for discussion on the offer
50) Which of the following road tunnels in Jammu and Kashmir is attributed to be Asia’s
longest bi-directional highway tunnels inaugurated by Prime Minster Narendra Modi
in April 2017?
A) Jawahar tunnel
B) Nandni tunnel
C) Banihal Qazigund Road Tunnel
D) Chenani-Nashri tunnel
51) The ‘Instrument of Accession’ is a legal document executed by Maharaja Hari Singh to
accede to the Dominion of India. It was signed on
A) 26th August 1947
B) 12th August 1947
C) 26th October 1947
D) 29th July 1947
52) JKNPP is a state political party of Jammu and Kashmir. JKNPP stands for:
A) Jammu and Kashmir National People’s Party
B) Jammu and Kashmir National Public Party
C) Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party
D) Jammu and Kashmir National Political Party
53) The provisions related to the ‘Permanent Residents’ is provided in which of the following
parts of the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir, 1956?
A) Part 11
B) Part V
C) Part III
D) Part VII
54) Read the following statements with reference to the ‘Rights of Women’ mentioned
in the Directive Principles of State Policy in the Constitution of the State of Jammu and
Kashmir and choose the CORRECT option.
(i) All women in the state will have right of special protection against discourtesy,
defamation, hooliganism and other forms of misconduct.
(ii) All women employees in the state will have the right to access facilities provided for parttime
technical and vocational courses free of cost.
A) (i) is TRUE and (ii) is TRUE
B) (i) is FALSE and (ii) is TRUE
C) (i) is FALSE and (ii) is FALSE
D) (i) is TRUE and (ii) is FALSE
56) Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for which of the following
power plants in 2014, with an installed capacity of 44 MW to harness the hydropower
potential of river Suru?
A) Kishanganga Hydroelectric Power Plant
B) Chutak Hydroelectric Power Plant
C) Dul Hasti Hydroelectric Power Plant
D) Baglihar Hydroelectric Power Plant
57) Read the following statements with reference to the Jammu and Kashmir Right to
Information Act 2009 and choose the CORRECT option.
(i) The Public Information Officer has to either provide the information or reject the request
for information within 30 days from the receipt of the request, excluding any exceptions.
(ii) The Public Information Officer has to provide the information sought for concerns
related to the life or liberty of a person within twenty-four hours of the receipt of the request.
A) (i) is TRUE and (ii) is FALSE
B) (i) is TRUE and (ii) is TRUE
C) (i) is FALSE and (ii) is TRUE
D) (i) is FALSE and (ii) is FALSE
58) The short bold aromatic variety of rice mainly grown in Anantnag and Budgam
districts of Jammu and Kashmir is
B) Mushk Budji
C) Sona Masuri
59) Which of the following historical places in Jammu and Kashmir houses Moi-e-Muqqadas,
the sacred hair of Prophet Muhammad’s beard?
A) Jamia Masjid
B) Hazratbal Shrine
D) Digiana Mosque
60) The Tashkent Declaration was signed by the Prime Minister of India and President of
Pakistan in the year 1966 to restore normal and peaceful relations between their countries. Identify the dignitaries who signed this declaration
A) Indira Gandhi and Yahya Khan
B) Lai Bahadur Shastri and Mohammad Ayub Khan
C) Jawahar Lal Nehru and Iskandar Mirza
D) Gulzarilal Nanda and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto
Section 4 :General Science
61) The term “Gibrat ratio” is associated with
A) solar energy
B) nuclear energy
C) tidal energy
D) wind energy
62) The food making process in green plants is termed as
63) The example of the wave where the particles in the medium move parallel to the
direction of propagation of the wave is
A) light wave
B) ripples on the surface of water
C) sound wave
D) radio wave
64) When is the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer celebrated
A) Ist January
B) 31st March
C) 1st July
D) 16th Sept
65) Solar radiation is absorbed by FPC which consists of an insulated outer metallic box
covered on the top with glass sheet. What does FPC stands for?
A) Fluid Plate Converters
B) Fluid Plate Conductors
C) Flat Plate Converters
D) Flat Plate Collectors
66) Drying of wet clothes is an example of
D) melting point
67) Which of the following instrument is used to measure the flowing current in an electric
C) Anemometer .
68) Which of the following is the limitation of wind energy pertaining to wind power
A) Wind power generation is cost-effective
B) Wind energy is clean and pollution free
C) Wind power development takes up less land
D) Wind energy cannot be directly stored in large quantities
69) Which of the following is an example of non-uniform acceleration?
A) Movement of blades of a ceiling fan
B) Earth under the influence of gravity
C) A rocket lifts from a space center
D) Car running on a crowded city road
70) The time take by a one complete wave to pass a given point in one second is called
71) Which of the following pairs of nutrients released from land use activities contaminate
the water bodies leading to abnormal algae growth on the surface of water
A) Lead and Phosphorous
B) Nitrogen and Phosphorous
C) Lead and Nitrogen
D) Lead and Cadmium
72) Which biotic component of ecosystem is also known as ‘Energy Transducers’?
73) The basic structure of a chlorophyll molecule is a porphyrin ring which is coordinated to a central atom
74) Dracunculosis is a disease caused by drinking water infected with
A) guinea worm larvae
B) bacterial spores
75) Which of the following is a disadvantage of solar energy?
A) Reduces electricity bills
B) Renewable energy source
C) Weather dependent
D) Helps in production of electricity
76) Which of the following chemicals is NOT an ozone depleting substance?
D) Methyl chloroform
77) Which of the following vitamin is responsible for the coagulation of blood?
A) Vitamin C
B) Vitamin K
C) Vitamin A
D) Vitamin E
78) Select the option that will make the second pair analogous to the first pair.
Vitamin B1 : Thiamine :: ? : Riboflavin
A) Vitamin B2
B) Vitamin B3
C) Vitamin B5
D) Vitamin B6
79) The circulation of water between ocean, atmosphere and land is known as the
A) water table
C) water cycle
80) Which of the following Is an example of Newton’s third law of motion?
A) A gun recoils when a bullet is fired from it
B) A book lying on the table
C) Pushing or pulling the door
D) Pulling a cart
Section 5 : Mental Ability Test
81) If BOAT is coded as RYMZ, then how will SKIP be coded ?
82) If DEMOGRAPHY is coded as 4546791787 then how will VOCABULARY be coded?
83) Two statements A & B are followed by three conclusions I, II & III. Assuming the statements to
be true, even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts, select the alternative
that logically follows from the given statements disregarding the commonly known facts.
A. All insects are animals.
B. Some insects are reptiles.
I. All animals are reptiles.
II. No reptile is insect.
III.Some animals are reptiles.
A) Only I follows
B) Only II follows
C) Both II or III follows
D) Only III follows
84) Nishtha walks 3 km towards West and from there turns 90‘ left and walks 4 km. From
there she turns 45′ towards her left and walks for 5 km. How far is she from the starting
A) 0 km
B) 5 km
C) 1 km
D) 7 km
85) After leaving from his office in the evening, Hifesh walks 2 km in the direction of sun. He
then turns to his left and walks 1 km and then turns to his right and walks 1 km and then
turns to his left and walks 6 km to reach his home. In which direction is his home with
respect to his office?
86) If ’x’ means ‘subtraction, ‘÷’ means ‘addition’, means ‘division’ and ’+’ means ‘multiplication’, then what will be the value of the following expression?
[(16÷4) – 6 + 8] + [3 × 8-16+2]
87) Anil walks to his office at a speed of 1.8 Kmph and reaches 10 minute late. The
following day he increases his speed to 2 kmph and reaches 15 minutes early. How far is his
office from his home.?
A) 9 Km
B) 12 Km
C) 7.5 Km
D) 6 Km
88) Which is the next number in the given series
11,15,21, 31, 45, __?
89) What will be the value of the Expression
1 × 8 – 8 ÷ 8 + 8?
90) Two Statements A & B are followed by three conclusions I, II & III. Assuming the
statements to be true, even If they seem to be in variance from the commonly known
facts,Select the alternative that logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts
A. All Papers are Books.
B. No Book is a calendar.
I. Some papers are calendar.
II. No calendar is a book.
III. All books are calendars.
A) Only I follows
B) Only II follows
C) Both I and II follow
D) Both II and III follow
91) Pointing to a man in the photograph, Meena said, “He Is the only brother of my
mother-in-law’s daughter”. How is the man related to Meena?
92) Two statements labelled as Assertion(A) and Reason (R) are given. Read both the
statements carefully and choose the correct alternative.
Assertion(A): Dengue is caused by mosquitoes.
Reason(R): Water logging is a breeding ground
A) Both A and R are true and R is the correct
explanation of A.
B) Both A and R are true but R is NOT the
correct explanation of A.
C) A is true but R is false.
D) A is false but R is true.
93) Nitin starts from his office and walks 4 km towards South. He then turns left and walks 6
km and then again turns left and walks 4 km. In which direction is he from the starting
94) Two statements labelled as Assertion(A) and Reason (R) are given. Read both the
statements carefully and choose the correct alternative.
Assertion(A): Industrial waste causes water and
Reason(R): Industrialization should not be encouraged.
A) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
B) Both A and R are true but R is NOT the correct explanation of A. .
C) A is true but R is false.
D) A is false but R is true.
95) A helicopter flies at a speed of 180 kmph to a certain distance in 3 hrs. At what speed must
fly to cover the same distance in 2.5 hrs?
A) 240 kmph
B) 256 kmph
C) 216 Kmph
D) 198 kmph
96) Choose the correct alternative that wilt replace the question mark in the series
NAOK, PAQK, RASK, ?
97) Moving at a speed of 54 kmph, a train covers a certain distance in 40 minutes. What
should be the speed of the train so as to reduce the journey time to 30 minutes?
A) 60 kmph
B) 72 kmph
C) 84 kmph
D) 90 kmph
98) If ‘$’ means ‘addition’, ‘<’ means ‘subtraction’, ‘=’ means ’multiplication’ and means ‘division’, then what will be the value of the following expression?
The expression is 6 = 4@2$10<8
99) Pointing to Anuj, Veena said, “His wife is the daughter of the son-in-law of the father of my only daughter”. How is Anuj related to Veena’s daughter?
100) If ROPE = 54 and COAT = 39 then what is the value of SOAP?
Section 6 : Computer Applications
101) The decimal number 23 is represented in Binary numeral system as
102) Which of the following electronic component is used as a very important component in one of the old generations of computers?
103) Which of the following sections of the process contains function parameters, return
addresses and local variables?
104) Which of the following options represents a standard keyboard layout?
105) A modem must be connected between CPU and
B) Phone line
106) Number of page orientations allowed in PowerPoint is
107) In resource allocation graph with all single resource instances, a cycle in the graph indicates
A) definitely no deadlock
B) definitely a deadlock
C) partial deadlock —
D) partial starvation
108) PowerPoint slide can be saved as
A) Only 1 & 2
B) Only 2 & 4
C) Only 1 & 3
D) Only 1,2 & 3
110) ‘If process is executing in its critical section, no other process is executing in its
critical section”. This statement is related to
A) Mutual Exclusion
C) Bounded Waiting
D) No Pre-emption
111) Unsolicited commercial email is known as
112) Which of the following techniques can be used by web applications to access the stored
information across all the pages within the application?
C) cross page posting
113) Which of the following options is NOT a hardware
114) DNS is a host name to IP address translation service. DNS stands for
A) Data Network Server
B) Domain Network Service
C) Domain Name Server /
D) Data Name Server
115) To increase the font size of the selected text in MS Word, which of the following combination of key is used
A) Ctrl and alt
B) Ctrl and ]
C) shift and S
D) alt and shift
116) The wheel located between the two
standard buttons of an optical mouse is used
D) close web page
117) MS Excel function, ISOWEEKNUM(date) returns
A) ISO week number of the year for a given date
B) Gives the 1ST of the date
C) geographical location of the equator on the given date
D) current time in Indian Standard Office for the given date
118) Peterson’s solution provides a software based solution to a critical section problem
with how many number of processes?
119) Which of the following hardware devices is used to get Internet connection that enables
a computer to transit data over telephone or cable lines?
120) A silicone piece with millions of transistors in it is known as
C) Digital Gate
Want more JKSSB previous year papers, VISIT US.