This blog post (JKSSB Panchayat Accounts Assistant Question Paper) aims to provide the previous year question paper of JKSSB Panchayat Accounts Assistant. This paper was conducted on 10 November, 2020 for the 1850 posts in Jammu and Kashmir. This question paper contains a total of 120 questions:
- 30 questions from the GK (with special reference to J&K)
- 30 questions from the Account section
- 30 from computer section
- 10 from science
- 10 questions from economics
- 10 questions from statistics
Section 1 –General Knowledge with special reference to J and K
1) In August 2017, the Supreme Court declared that Right to Privacy is a fundamental right and it is intrinsic to Right to life and Personal Liberty, guaranteed under which Article of the Indian Constitution?
A) Article 17
B) Article 21
C) Article 19
D) Article 40
2) Read the following statements with reference to 73rd Amendment of Constitution of India and choose the CORRECT option.
(i) Every Panchayat , unless sooner dissolved under any law
For the time being in force, shall continue for a term of six
Years from the date appointed for its first meeting.
(ii) An election to constitute a Panchayat shall be completed
Before the expiration of a period of six months from the date
Of its dissolution
A) (i) is TRUE and (ii) is TRUE
B) (i) is TRUE and (ii) is FALSE
C) (i) is FALSE and (ii) is TRUE
D) (i) is FALSE and (ii) is FALSE
3) According to the Jammu and Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act, 1989,`Halqa Majilis` means:
A) All the voters of a Halqa Panchayat
B) The area comprising a village
C) All the villages of a Halqa Panchayat
D) The area comprising a Halqa
4) According to the Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Raj Act, 1989(as amended up to October,2018 and rules),who shall be the Secretary of Halqa Panchayat?
A) Any person elected by Halqa Panchayat
B) Block Development Officer
C) Village level worker or Multipurpose worker
D) Any elderly worker or Officer of the Panchayat
5) As per the NTI Aayog`s 2019 -2020 SDG India report, Jammu and Kashmir leads in which two categories of Sustainable Development Goals ?
A) No poverty and Gender equality
B) Sustainable cities and Communities
C) Sustainable consumption and Production
D) Zero Hunger and Reduced Inequality
6) Under the National Saffron Mission, a India International Kashmir Saffron Trade Centre(IIKSTC) has been set up to Kashmir Saffron Trade Centre(IIKSTC) has been set up to ensure saffron produced in the state is sold, graded and Exported to various countries in a transparent and hasslefree manner. This centre is located at:
A) Mandji in Sopore.
B) Dusoo in Pampore
C) Kathsu in Pahalgam
D) Bali in Udhampur
7) Who among the following personalities servedas the last prime minister and the first Chief Minister of Jammu And Kashmir?
A) Baksi Ghulam Mohammad
B) Syed Mir Qasim
C) Ghulam Mohammed Sadiq
D) Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah
8) By which amendment act of the Indian Constitution, was he ‘Right to Education made a fundamental right?
A) 86 Constitution Amendment Act, 2002
B) Both Constitution Amendment Act, 2000
C) 90’ Constitution Amendment Act, 2003
D) 85 Constitution Amendment Act, 2002
9) The provisions contained in Part IV of the Indian Constitution shall not e enforceable by an court butitshall be the duty of the State to pply the in making law. Which of the following option is being referred to
A) Directive Principle of State policy
B) Relations between the Union and the States
C) Fundamental Duties
D) Fundamental Rights
10) From the options provided below, identify the Prime Minister of the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the reign of Maharaja Hari
A) Prithvi Nath Dhar
B) Mufti Mohammad Syed
C) Mehr Chand Mahajan
D) Mian Bashir Ahmed
11) With effect from 1st April 2020, Oriental Bank of Commerce and Union Bank of India have been merged into which of the following banks ?
B)Punjab National Bank
C)Union Bank of India
D)State Bank of India
12) Dhanidhar fort, a historical monument is located in which of the Following districts of jammu and Kashmir ?
13) In October 2019, `Sangam Youth Festival` was organized by the Indian Kashmir Army in collaboration with Jammu University at which of the following places? ?
14) This magnificent palace served as the royal residence of the rules of the Dogra dynasty until 1925 and is one of the famous tourist attractions in Jamm .
Identity the fortpalace from the following options.
A) Hari Niwas Palace
B) Bahu Fort
C) Mubarak Mandi
D) Akhnoor Fort
15) `To provide enhanced insurance cover to the handloom weavers in the case of the natural as well as accidental death and in cases of total of partial disability”
This is the objective of which of the following centrally sponsored schemes launched In Jammuu and Kashmir?
A) Niramaya Health Insurance Scheme
B) Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme
C) Mahatma Gandhi Bunker Yojna
D) Antyodaya Anna Yojana
16) A traditional Gondola type lightweight rowing boat ride which is famous on the pristine Dal Lake in Kashmir is referred to as :
A) Gandola ride
B) Tonga ride
C) Shikara ride
D) Coracle ride
17) As per the NITI Aayog`s SDG Index which of the following. range of the scores is used to classify the States UT`s under the Category of Performer ?
18) Who among the following political leaders served as Sadr-e-Riyasat and also as the first Govemer of Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Biraj Kumar Nehru
B) Lakshmi Kant Jha
C) Karan Singh
D) Girish Chandra Saxena
19) Who among the following is NOT a politicalleader from Jammu and Kash 2
A) Farooq Abdullah
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Mehbooba Mufti
D) Ghulam Nabi Firaq
20) This is one of the Mughal Gardens in Srinagar built by Emperor Jahangir and is well known for its chini khanas (archedniches) behind garden water falls.
Identify the garden
A) Chashma Shahi Garden
B) Pari Mahal
C) Ghulam Bhawan
21) Which of the following two high quality crops and extensively cultivated in thejammu region of Jammuand Kashmir?
A) Mu hrooms and Soyabeans
B) Safron and Zeera
C) Mustard and Peas
D) Basmati and Rajmash
22). In 2015, the Government of India approved which National Highway Project in the region of Ramban and Banihal that will provide all-weather Connectivity from Jammu and Kashmir valley?
B) NH- 44
C) NH 46
23) Identify the INCORRECT option with reference to the objectives of the Jammu and Kashmir Rural Employment Generation Programme (JKREGP)
A) To harmess and develop the entrepreneurial skills among
the rural unemployed youth of the state
B) To provide livelihood security to households in rural areas by providing
not less than 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in financial year
C) To mobilize the bank finance for establishment of village
industries sector of the state on modern lines
D) To generate employment opportunities in rural areas of
The state through setting up of new self-employment ventures
Or projects or village industries enterprises
24) Which of the following options is the longest all-weather road Tunnel that has enabled increase in trade and tourism in the union
Territory of Jammu and Kashmir ?
A) Banihal Qazigund Road Tunnel
B) Sangaldan Tunnel
C) Jawahar Tunnel
D) Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee Tunnel
A) Shubham Khajuria
B) Parvez Rasol
C) Mithun Manhas
D) Abid Nabi
26) According to Jammu and Kashmir, Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 which of the following options is INCORRECT with reference to powers and Functions of the Block Development council ?
A) Conduct the elections of panchayats and wards as
Prescribed in the act
B) Supervise plans relating to agriculture, rural develop
Ment animal Husbandry education public health
C) Administrative and technical guidance to Halqa Panc
Hayats and review of their work
D) Construction, maintenance and supervision of Inter-Halqa
Panchayat Communication system
27) Who among the following is first female president of European Commission ?
A) Harinder Sidhu
B) Anne Slaughter Andrew
C) Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic
D) Ursula Gertrud von der leyen
28) Match the Crops in List-I with their Largest Producing States in List-il (As per the Agricultural Statistics at a Glance 2018 Report).
29) According to 7rd amendment of Constitution of India , what is Proportion of seats reserved for women of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled
Tribes at each tier of the Panchayati Raj System ?
A) One-third of the total number of seats reserved
B) Two-fifth of the total number of seats reserved
C) One-fourth of the total number of seats reserved
D) One-fifth of the total number of seats reserved
30) Hot, dry oppressing winds blowing in the northern plains from Punjab to Bihar, sub-tropical regions of Jammu are called :
A) Nor Westers
C) Mango shower
Section 2- Mathematics / Statistics
31) What happens to the shape of a frequency polygon when the number of observations and classes increase?
A) Tends to become jagged
B) Remains the same
C) Tends to become increasingly smooth
D) Varies if data becomes more reliable
32) which one of the given options is an answer for the length of the line segment given that the coordinates of A is (2,2) and B is (9,11).
33) Let us assume that astudent is choosen from a random Sample of 80 students out of which YOU have opted for Maths,20 opted for physics, and 10 have opted for both Maths and Physks. Find the probability that the student has opted for Either Maths or Physics?
B) 1 ½
C) 2 ½
D) 3 ½
34) Which of the following is true about the sampling eor?
A) It decreases as sample size increases
B) It does not depend on population size under study
C) It cannot be reduced by an appropriate sampling plan
D) It cannot be measured and controlled in probability sample
35) Which of the following is a method used for collecting Secondary data?
B) Personal Interview
D) Government Publications
36) Let us assume setA=(1,2,3,4).setB=(3,4,5,6,7), find the Symmetric difference of set A and set ?
37) In a town the number of men is 151,781 326 and the number of women is 156,964 212 .Which of the option given below represent the demographic sex
39) One of the options given below represents a state with the highest NEgative decadal population growth based on the census data of india 2011 Which of the options is correct?
D) Tamil Nadu
40) If N = 200, which of the options match the ultimate class Frequencies, given that there are two independent attributes A=100 and B=140 ?
Section 3 – General Economics
41) Prime Minister Narender Modi launched which Among the following campaigns with an objective To incentivize States to devolve 3Fs (functions, funds and functionaries) panchayats?
A) Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Yojana
B) Deendayal Antyodya Yojana
C) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
D) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
42) The Gram Panchayats have been mandated for the Preparation of Gram Panchayat Development plans The people’s plan Campaign for preparing GPDP for 2020-21 was initiated under
A) Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas
B) Pardhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
C) Pardhan Mantri Adharsh Yojana
D) Mission Indradhanush
43) Which one of the following options represent In the account books?
by affirm but are not recorded
A) Sunk costs
B) Uncontrolled Costs
C) Impilict costs
44) From the following options, identify the reason, best Suited why underdevelopment countries make a fiscal Policy?
A) Reduce labor taxes, especially at low income levels
B) Accelerate the rate of capital formation and investment
C) Provide well-designed tax incentives that reduce the cost
D) Increase the potential output as amajor advanced
And Emerging market economics
45) In the law of variable proportion, the second stage of Production ends when
A) The total production rises atan increasing rate
B) The total production rises at a diminishing rate
C) The total production starts decreasing
D) The total production is maximum possible
46) When two goods are perfectly complementary, the indifference curve
A) intersects each other
B) is shaped
C) is a straight line
D) is concave at the origin
47) Which of the following is example of variable cost?
II) Utility cost
III) Employee salaries
B) Only I
C) Both I and II
D) Both II and III
48) Which of the following options points to demand for one product as a consequence of demand for a parent product?
A) Company Demand
B) Composite Demand
D) Derived Demand
49 The cost Inflation Index is mainly used to compute:
A) Business income
B) Long term capital gain
C) Short term capital gain
D) Income from the other sources
50) When a commodity is sold at a lower price in “Foregin Markets and at a higher price in “Domestic markets” then The strategy is known as
A) Price Celling
C) Multi plant monopoly
D) Peak Load Pricing
Section 4-Knowledge of Computer Application
51) Convert the below Decimal value to its equivalentin Binary?
52) Which of the following is NOT an open source Operating System?
53) Which of the following is an Input device of the computer?
54) Which one of the following is a shortcut key to start a slide show From the beginning in MS Powerpoint?
55) Which one of the following is called as primary memory Of Computer?
B) External Hard disk
C) Pen Drive
D) CD/DVD Drive
56) What does www”stand for?
A) Wide World Web
B) World Wide Webmaster
C) World Wide Web
D) Wide Web World
57) Supercomputers are used in which of the following Arcas?
(I) Weather forecasting
II) Quantum mechanics
III) Oil and gas exploration
A) Only I
B) I and II
C) II and III
D) I,II and IIl
58) Which among the following is NOT an antivirus software?
D) Torjan Horse
59) What is FTP in Data communication?
A) File Transport Provider
B) File Transfer Protocol
C) File Process
D) File Transter Programming
60) Which among the following is the input device used Specially for checking the answer sheets of an examinnation having multiple choice question?
A) Bar Code Readers
B) Optical Character Reader
C) Magnetic Ink Card Reader
D) Optical Mark Reader
61) What does “HTTP” stand for?
A) Hypertext twisted pair
B) Hypertext Transfer protocol
C) Hyperlink Transfer placard
D) Hyperlink Transfer protocol
62) Which one among the following MS Excel functions is used Tate Mode.extra spaces fromacell/string?
63) A programor piece of code that is loaded onto your computer Without your knowledge and runs against your wishes is called as
D) Computer Virus
64) What does IMAP stand for with respect to emailing?
A) Intranet Message Access Protocol
8) Intranet Message Access Protocol
C) Intranet Mail Access Protocol
D) Internet Message Access Protocol
65) SSD is a new generation of storage device used in computers
A) Solid-State Drive
B) Storage-State Drive
C) Solid-Storage Drive
D) Simple-Storage Drive
66) BIOS is the program which helps to initialize the hardware during computer booting process What is the full form of BIOS?
A) Basic Input Output System
B) Basic Intel Operating system
C) Basic Input Operating System
D) Basic Input Operating server
67) What does ASCII stand for?
A) American Standard Code For Information interchange
B) American Standard Code For International information
C) American Standard Code For Integrated information
D) American Standard Code For International interface
68) Which one of the following software is an email check?
A) Microsoft Internet Explorer
B) Windows 98
C) Microsoft Power Point
D) Microsoft Outlook
69) What is the function of CTRL +Bin MS-Word?
A) t converts the selected text to bold
B) The selected text appears in italics
C) it underlines the selected text
D) it changes the selected textcolor to blue
70) Laser printing is an electrostatic digital printing process What is the unit of printing speed in laser printer?
A) Digits per second
B) Digits per line
C) Lines per page
D) Pages per minute
71) Which of the following is the cheap.secure and easiest Way of storing huge volume of digital data and can be Accessed from anywhere by using internet
A) Store the data as Physical record
C)Store the data in external hard disks
72)Which of the following is NOT feature of primary memory
A) it is accessed directly by the processor
B) it is the fastest memory available
C) its contents are lost once powder is switched off
D) it is non-volatile
73) Which of the following is referred as a process of Training a computer system to make accurate predictions When fed data?
A) Machine Learning
B) CPU Learning
D) Data Process
74) Which of the following statements is NOT true about Control Unit of a Computer?
A) It transfer data to Arithmetic and logical Unit
B) it fetches results from memory to output devices
C) It is a component of a SMPS
D) It directs flow of data within CPU
75) What is the full of VPN with respect to networking?
A) Virtual peer Network
B) Virtual Private Network
C) Virtual Public Network
D) Virtual Protected Network
76) What is the full form JPEG with respect to image file formats?
A) Joint Photo Experts Group
B) Joint Photographic Experts Group
C) Joint Photo Experts Graphics
D) Joint Photo Efficient Group
77) Match the following
78) A spurious computer program that replicated itself at a swift pace is called ______________.
A) torjan horse
79) Which of the following isare the main function(s) of an Operating system?
i) Manage the Processor and assign tasks which are to performed
ii) Allocated memory and storage areas to the system and user
programs and data.
iii) Control,co-ordinate various input and output devices.
iv) Accessing world wide web without internet connectivity
A) i & ii Only
B) i,ii and iii Only
C) i,ii,iii and iv
D) iii & iv Only
I) Data processing
II) Business Transactions
III) Video conferencing
A) Only I
B) Only II
C) I and III
D) I,II and III
Section 5 Accountancy and Book Keeping
81) John and James are partners sharing profits equality Jackenters the partnership and contributes a Land whose Historical cost is Rs 50,000.
Book Value is Rs 25,000 and Current Market Value is Rs30,000. By what amount Jack’s Account should be increased?
A) Rs 50,000
B) Rs 30,000
C) Rs 25,000
D) Rs 1,05,000
82) What is the basic of allocation of carriage inward cost Among pre and post incorporation period?
D) Credit Sales
83) The public Financial Management System (PFMS) Was earlier known as
A) Central Plan Schemes Monitoring System (CPSMS)
B) Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
C) Central Sector Scheme of Planning Comission
D) Core Banking System (CBS)
84) Which account is generally used in single entry and in Complete records to obtain the amount of credit sales Made during an accounting period?
A) Accounts Payable Account
B) Total Revenue Account
C) Debtors Account
D) Stocks Account
85) Drawings account is classified under
A) Real Account
B) Personal Account
C) Impersonal Account
D) Nominal Account
86) What does a Nominal account having debit balance Represent ?
87) Drawings must be deducted from
B) Gross Profit
D) Net Profit
A) Debit = Prepaid Expense, Credit = Expense
B) Debit = Expense, Credit = prepaid Expense
C) Debit = Cash, Credit = Expense
D) Debit = Prepaid Expense, Credit = Cash
89) What amount of additional provision for bad and Doubtful debts should be charged to current years P/L. Account if the closing balance of debtors is Rs 1,00,000, Opening balance of Provision is Rs 1,000 and the Provision is to maintained at 5% of debitor?
A) Rs. 1,000
B) Rs. 5,000
C) Rs. 4,000
D) Rs. 6,000
A) Balance sheet
B) Statement of affairs
C) Statement of financial operations
D) Cash flow statement
A) Social accounting
B) Management accouting
C) Human resource accounting
D) Stewardship accounting
92) Wages paid for installation of a new machinery should Be
A) Credited to the Machinery Account
B) Debited to the Machinery Account
C) Credited to the Wages Account
D) Debited to the Wages Account
93) Which concept suggests the exclusion of human Resource in balance sheet?
A) Account Concept
B) Money Measurment Concept
C) Going Concern Concept
D) Cost Concept
94) Which of the following is excluded from the cost of stock?
A) Carriage inward
B) Import duties
C) Purchases of RAW Material
D) Salary of purchasing staff
95) A bank pass book is a copy of
A) The cash column of a customer’s cash book
B) The bank column of a customer’s cash book
C) The customer account in the bank’s ledger
D) The debtor’s account in the bank’s ledger
96) The credit balance of retained earning statement Represents
A) Undistributed Profit
B) Undisclosed Profit
C) Distributed Profit
D) Unearned Profit
97) Receipt Voucher is
A) Record of purchase of raw material
B) Record of purchase of stationery
C) Record of sale of machinery
D) Record of receipt of cash and bank
98) “ The liability of at least one partner is unlimited whereas the liability of the other partners is limited” What type of partnership is represented here?
A) Partnership at will
B) Limited Partnership
C) General Partnership
D) Particular Partnership
99) Income tax paid on business income by a sole proprietor Is
A) debited to trading account
B) debited to profit and loss account
C) deducted from capital account in the balance sheet
D) added to capital account in the balance sheet
100) The biggest strength of PFMS is its integration with the
A) Core defense system in the country
B) Core insurance sector in the country
C) Core social security sector in the country
D) Core banking system in the country
101) what is the first step of a financial audit?
A) Planning the audit
B) Interviewing the company’s manager to find out what They want the auditors to say in the final report
C) Determining the scope or boundaries, of the audit
D) Conducting surprise cash counts on any point-of-sale registers
102) Nominal account is classified under
A) Impersonal Account
B) Real Account
C) Personal Account
D) Representative Personal Account
103) A cheque is received from customer and the same is deposited In bank for collection, If it is finally returned dishonored then it will result into
A) customer`s account being credited
B) customer`s account being debited
C) no change in customer`s account
D) no change in bank account
104) How do we adjust Direct Deposits by the customer to ascertain the balance as per Pass book. If the starting point of BRS is balance as per Cash book?
D) Not adjusted
105) The balance remaining after deducting gross profit from Sales is called
A) Cost of goods Sold
B) Net sales
C) Gross Sales
106) Depreciation is a
A) Cash operating expenditure
B) Non cash Operating system
C) Cash non operating expenditure
D) Non cash non operating expenditure
107) Goods given as charity should be
A) Credited to Purchases account
B) Debited to purchases Account
C) Not recorded in purchase account
D) Credited to sales account
108) At the end of financial year 2015-16, the ledger of a
Firm shows the following balances to prepare a balance sheet
1. Capital – Rs.4,00,000/-
2. Net profit for the year 2015-16- Rs 3,00,000/-
3. Accrued Income – Rs 1,00,000/-
4. Provision for taxes – Rs 75,000/-
5. Cash and Bank account – Rs 1,25,000/-
6. Investments –Rs 2,00,000/-
7. Liabilities – Rs 80,000/-
8. Fixed assets –Rs 4,30,000/-
What will be the total of the Balance Sheet?
A) Rs 5,55,000
B) Rs 7,80,000
C) Rs 8,55,000
D) Rs 9,55,000
109) A firm has omitted to record provision for bad and doubtful
Debts. How will it impact the financial statement:
A) Net Profit would decrese
B) Net profit would increase
C) Gross profit would be overstated
D) Gross Profit would be understated
110) Which one out of the following best explains doubts entry system?
A) Purchase increases debit; income decrease credit
B) Expense increases debit; income decreases credit
C) Receiver is debit; giver is Credit
D) Receiver is credit; giver is debit
Section 6- Science
111) An amazing fact about firefighter’s uniform is that Rcan withstand up to 220°F and protects a person from Concentrated sidsomdalkali absorption, Hence it is Important to choose the right fire extinguisher to put out fires Which one of the following gases is used to extinguish Eirs?
D) Carbon Dioxide
112) Vector borne diseases account for more than 17% of all Infections diseases causing more than 700000 deaths Annually. Which of the following diseases is NOT vector borre?
113) Earthing wire is used in AC power circuit wiring for pro tective grounding which color insulation is done over it 0 per BIS code?
AJ Green and Yellow
B) Blue and Brown
C) Black and Red
D) White and Gray
114) Which of the following substances is used in cold countries To melt ice accumulated on the roads during winter?
115) Identify the Versatile organ from the facts given below.
(I) it is the largestorgan in human body
(II) It is sensor packed with nerves for keeping the brain in touch with the outside world
(III) it manufactures vitamin D for Converting calcium into healthy bones
(IV) It is the body largest waste removal system
A) The skin
B) The liver
C) The intestines
D) The heart
117) Match the following Names of the electromagnetic Waves given in List-I with the Techonological Applications given in List II
) a-3; b-1; c-4
C) a-2; b-4; c-1
D) a-4; b-2; c-3
17) Chandan wants to design At one spot to boil water whit Use to collect large amount of
A) Concave mirror
B) Convex mirror
C) Plane mirror
D) Biconvex mirror
118) In humans, there are 1 vitamins which are essential for healthy .bleeding of gums and delayed healing of wounds is deficiency
Of which of the following vitamins?
A) Vitamin A
B) Vitamin B
C) Vitamin C
D) Vitamin D
119) Elements are generally available in the carths crust which of the following is a man made element that is not available naturally in the earth’s crust?
120) Have you ever wondered,trucks carrying heavy loads have more than four tyres! This is because more tyres increase the area of contact with the road and this results in reduced pressure on the tyres. Pressure plays an important role in our daily life. Which one of the following is NOT a Unit of pressure
A) Pascal (Pa)
B) Bar (b)
C) Torr (mmHg)
D) Newton (N)
Dr. Sunny is an Assistant Professor in higher education. He has completed his Ph.D. He has a depth of knowledge in the research field and in higher education.