1) Which of the following mountain ranges is called the “The Five Treasures of the Snow ?
A) The Purvanchal Range
B) Pir Panjal Range
C) Mount Everest
2) How many sessions does the Lok Sabha conduct each year?
3) Which is Asia’s oldest and continuously published newspaper in India?
A) The Bombay Samachar
B) The Times of India
C) Dainik Bhaskar
D) The Telegraph
4) Who is the first Indian to win an individual gold medal at the Olympic Games?
A) Karnam Malleswari
B) Abhinav Bindra
C) Mahesh Bhupathi
D) Vishwanathan Anand
5) This palace is an example of medieval Tibetan architecture that once served as the regal residence of the Namgyal dynasty and now is a popular tourist destination in Jammu and Kashmir. Identify the palace from the following options.
A) Hari Niwas Palace
B) Amar Mahal Palace
C) Leh palace
D) Sher Garhi Palace
6) Who among the following personalities born in Phagwal village of Jammu, popularised the art of tabla playing all over the world?
A) Uma Dutt Sharma
B) Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasiya
C) Ustad Allarakha Khan
D) Pandit Vishnu Sharma
7) Who among the following Kashmiri singers was conferred with Padma Shri in 2002 and Sangeet Akademi award in 2013?
A) Rupa Bhawani
B) Habba Khatoon
C) Raj Begum
D) Ghulam Ahmad Mahjoor
8) Pakal Dul Dam is a 1000-MW hydroelectric power project located at which of the following places in Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Drangdhuran village of Kishtwar district
B) Warikhah village of Baramulla district
C) Chandwa village of Resai district
D) Alchi village of Leh district
9) Golf tourism is one of the main attractions in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Which of the following options is an international standard 18 hole golf course located at Sidhra?
A) Jammu Tawi Golf Course
B) Royal Springs Golf Course
C) Army Dhruva Golf Course
D) Kashmir Golf Course
10) ‘Gulf of Corpses’ is the name given to the deepest section of which of the following lakes in Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Wular lake
B) Dal lake
C) Mansabal lake
D) Satsar lake
11) The ‘Instrument of Accession’ is a legal document executed by Maharaja Hari Singh to accede to the Dominion of India. It was signed on
A) 26th August 1947
B) 12th August 1947
C) 26th October 1947
D) 29th July 1947
12) JKNPP is a state political party of Jammu and Kashmir. JKNPP stands for:
A) Jammu and Kashmir National People’s Party
B) Jammu and Kashmir National Public Party
C) Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party
D) Jammu and Kashmir National Political Party
13) Which of the following historical places in Jammu and Kashmir houses Moi-e-Muqqadas, the sacred hair of Prophet Muhammad’s beard?
A) Jamia Masjid
B) Hazratbal Shrine
D) Digiana Mosque
14) The Tashkent Declaration was signed by the Prime Minister of India and President of Pakistan in the year 1966 to restore normal and peaceful relations between their countries. Identify the dignitaries who signed this declaration
A) Indira Gandhi and Yahya Khan
B) Lai Bahadur Shastri and Mohammad Ayub Khan
C) Jawahar Lal Nehru and Iskandar Mirza
D) Gulzarilal Nanda and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto
15) Which of the following statements is FALSE with respect to Jammu and Kashmir RTI Act 2009?
A) Public authority must reply to RTI application within 35 days
B) Section 15 deals with Powers and Functions of the Information Commission
C) Section 14 provides for the removal of State Chief Information Commissioner
D) Section 8 provides for Exemption from Disclosure of Information
16) Which of the following hydroelectric projects is NOT located on the Chenab?
17) Who was the Prime Minister of J&K during the reign of Maharaja Hari Singh who later became the third Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India?
A) Mehr Chand Mahajan
B) Balraj Puri
C) Pt. Prem Nath Dogra
D) Bhajan Sopori
18) Which of the following is an INCORRECT statement with respect to the Bahu Fort?
A) It has a temple dedicated to the Hindu goddess, Kali
B) It is believed to be approximately 3000 years old
C) It was revamped by the Kings of the Dogra Dynasty
D) It is built on the left bank of the river Jhelum
19) Who was the photographer from Kashmir to bag 2016 Wisden-MCC (Melbourne Cricket Council Cricket Photograph of the Year Award?
A) Anand Sharma
B) Adnan Ali Zahidani
C) Arshad Hussain
D) Saqib Majeed
20) Which of the following options is TRUE with respect to the Jammu & Kashmir RTI Act 2009?
A) Section 24 – Obligation of Public Authorities
B) Section 23 – Government to prepare programmes
C) Section 20 – Ground for rejection
D) Section 19 – Power to make rules by Government
21) Who wrote ‘Rajatarangini’ a historical chronicle of early India in the Kashmir region?
22) Which of the following options is a spring of the Kashmir Valley?
B) Vishno Pad
23) Ranjit Sagar Dam is built across which of the following rivers?
24) According to the chronicles of Hiuen Tsang, the eminent Chinese traveller who visited India in the 7th century A.D, which dynasty ruled Kashmir during the period?
25) Which of the following statements is FALSE with respect to the Pakal Dul project?
A) It is to be constructed on the Marusudar, the main tributary of the Chenab
B) It has an estimated capacity of 2000 MW
C) It envisages a 167-metre high concrete face rockfill dam D) It consists of an underground power house near the village Dul
26) Who constructed the ‘Bahu Fort’ the most iconic of all monumental marvels in Jammu?
A) Raja Bahubali
B) Raja Bahulochan
C) Atta Muhammad Khan
D) Mian Hathu
27) Which among the following places is the favourite destination of the trained skiers in Gulmarg?
A) Betaab Valley
B) Apharwat range
29) Which of the following options is paired CORRECTLY?
A) Iqbal Project – Ravi Basin
B) Kamah Project – Chenab Basin
C) Baglihar Project – Chenab Basin
D) Pahalgam Project – Ravi Basin
30) ‘Khardung La’, one of the highest motor able roads in India is gateway to which of the following options?
B) Nubra Valley
31) When was the historical Indus Waters Treaty based on the World Bank proposals signed?
A) September 1, 1960
B) September 29,1960
C) September 19,1960
D) September 15,1960
32) Which of the following options is a variety of rice grown in Jammu and Kashmir?
B) K 332
C) Gold Spur
D) MM III
33) Which of the following statements is FALSE with reference to Chenani Nashri Tunnel?
A) It reduces road distance between Chenani and Nashri to 10.9 km from earlier long route of 41 km
B) It reduces the distance between Jammu and Srinagar by around 100 km
C) It is India’s first tunnel equipped with world class Integrated Traffic Control System (ITCS)
D) The Tunnel is 7 km long and built at an altitude of 950 meters
34) Which of the following historical places Is located on the banks of Tawi river In the state of Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Bhimgarh Fort
B) Mughal Gardens
C) Bahu Fort
D) Raghunath Temple
35) Which of the following rivers runs across the Ladakh area of Jammu and Kashmir and is a branch of Suru River?
36) Pari Mahal located on top of Mountain Zabarwan in the state of Jammu and Kashmir was established by which of the following historical figures?
C) Dara Shikoh
37) In the earliest recoded History, Buddhism in Kashmir was introduced by emperor Ashoka in which century?
A) 6th Century AD
B) 5th Century BC
c) 3rd Century BC
D) 7th Century AD
38) On October 1947, who among the following was appointed as the Emergency Administrator for the state of Jammu and Kashmir by Maharaja Hari Singh?
A) Yuvaraj Karan Singh
B) Sheikh Abdullah
C) Bakshi Ghulam Mohammed
D) Ghulam Mohammed Sadiq
39) Which of the following is an INCORRECT option pertaining to the railway stations located on 326 kms USBRL Project of Northern Railway in Jammu And Kashmir State?
40) Which among the following is an oxbow type of lake of Jammu and Kashmir and has probably originated by the meandering of the alluvial deposits?
A) Dal Lake
B) Ahansar Lake
C) Nilnag Lake
D) Sheikhsar Lake
41) Sawalkote hydropower project of Jammu and Kashmir is located in which of the following river basins?
42) In the history of Jammu and Kashmir the ruler of Darvabhisara named Samgramaraja belonged to which of the following dynasties?
43)The kings named Toramana and Mihirakula belonged to which dynasty in the history of Jammu and Kashmir?
44) The Chillai Kalan, the Chillai Khurd, and the Challai Bache are related to which of the following aspects of the Jammu and Kashmir state?
A) Roaring winds from Srinagar to Ladakh
B) Division of the most severe parts of winter in Kashmir
C) Local sweet dishes prepared during festival season in Kashmir
D) Three phases of 1000 MW power station situated at Ganderbal
45) What is the full form of JKSPDC pertaining to state of Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation
B) Jammu and Kashmir State Atrocities Prevention Department and Congregation
C) Jammu and Kashmir State Power Department and Corporation
D) Jammu and Kashmir Structural Program for Development and Cooperation
46) Which of the following power project in Jammu and Kashmir is located on Suru river which is also a tributary of the river Indus?
A) Bursar Hydroelectric Power Plant
B) Kwar Hydroelectric Power Plant
C) Chutak Hydroelectric Power Plant
D) Uri Hydroelectric Power Plant
47) In the RTI Act, 2009 of Jammu and Kashmir state, under the Right to Information Rules 2012 ‘Appeal Procedure’ is mentioned in which of the following chapters?
A) Chapter I
B) Chapter II
C) Chapter III
D) Chapter VI
48) The construction of Raghunath Temple in Jammu was started by which of the following rulers in the history of Jammu and Kashmir?
A) Pratap Singh
B) Hari Singh
C) Ranjit Singh
D) Gulab Singh
49) Which of the following rivers of Jammu and Kashmir has its source in Verinag spring in Anantnag district?
B) Kishan Ganga
50) Which of the following is TRUE with respect to the Jammu and Kashmir RTI Act 2009?
A) Section 20 – Ground for rejection
B) Section 7 – Power of government to make rules
C) Section 23 – Government to prepare programme
D) Section 20 – Protection of action taken in good faith
51) According to JKSPDCL, 2016, the estimated hydropower potential of Jammu and Kashmir is 20,000 Megawatts (MW), of which about 16475 MW have been
A) Ravi Basin
B) Chenab Basin
C) Jhelum Basin
D) Indus Basin
52) Who among the following was the Prime Minister of Jammu and Kashmir during the reign of Maharaja Hari Singh, and later became the third Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India?
A) Balraj Puri
B) Patanjali Sastri
C) Mehr Chand Mahajan
D) Prem Nath Dogra
53) Which of the following is one of the most scenic golf courses in a natural environment created against the dramatic backdrop of Zabarvan Mountains at Chashma Shahi, overlooking the famous Dal Lake?
A) Prestige Golfshire Club
B) Willingdon Sports Club
C) Golden Swan Golf Academy
D) Royal Springs Golf Course
54) Which of the following statement is INCORRECT with respect to the Pakal Dul (Drangdhuran) Hydroelectric Project?
A) Its proposed location is Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir
B) It has an estimated capacity of 2000 MW
C) It envisages a 167-metre high concrete face rockfill dam
D) It is proposed to be constructed on the Marusudar river
55) Hiuen-Tsang, the eminent Chinese traveller visited Kashmir during the rule of which dynasty?
56) Which of the following is paired INCORRECTLY?
A) Dodhpather – Valley of Milk
B) Sonmarg – Meadow of Gold
C) Purmandal – Chhota Kashi
D) Kupwara – Meadow of Flowers
57) The waters of river Ravi along with which of the following five rivers keeps India and Pakistan under the Indus Water Treaty?
A) Beas, Sutlej, Chenab, Jhelum and Indus
B) Beas, Sutlej, Krishna Sagar, Jhelum and Indus
C) Beas, Sutlej, Chenab, Tawi and Indus
D) Beas, Sutlej, Chenab, Jhelum and Tawi
58) Which of the following is an INCORRECT statement with respect to the Bag-e-Bahu Fort?
A) It was built by Raja Bahulochan
B) It is believed to be approximately 3000 years old
C) It was revamped by the Kings of the Dogra Dynasty
D) It is beside the Jhelum River
59) Under the leadership of Late Sheikh Mohd Abdullah, J&K Muslim Conference converted into “All J&K National Conference” in the year
60) Which is the highest green golf course in the world, at an altitude of 2,650 m, and is the country’s premier ski resort in the winter?
61) Which is the oldest mountain range in India?
62) Who assailed the Omar Abduallah Led Government making the State Information Commission(SIC) a toothless body?
A) The Chief Interviewing Committee(CIC
B) The Central Information Commission(CIC)
C) The Chief Information Committee (CIC)
D) The Chief Information Commission (CIC)
Ans The Central Information Commission(CIC)
63) What is the total power generation capacity of Jammu and Kashmir under central and State sector?
A) 5,648.46 MW
B) 4,648.46 MW
C) 3,648.46 MW
D) 2,648.46 MW
Ans 2648.46 MW
64) Which one of the following rivers is a trans Himalayan River?
65) The National Highway which connects the Kashmir valley to Jammu is
66) As per the RTI act 2009, the State Chief Information Commissioner and the State Information Commissioners shall be appointed by
A) Prime Minister
B) Governor of the State
D) Vice President
Ans Governor of State
67) When did J&K Govt, propose ‘stand still’ agreements with India and Pakistan?
68) The Road that connects Kargil with Kashmir is ?
69) During the period 1556-1605, Kashmir was annexed to Mughal Empire by which Mughal Emperor?
1) Bahadur Shah I
2) Muhammad Azam shah
3) Jalal-ud-din Akbar
4) Shah Jahan
70) The Greek name of River Jhelum in J&K is?
71) Chashma Shahi Garden, known as the Royal spring, is situated at the foothills of Zavarban Mountain, in which of the following places in J&K?
72) Dosmoche or the festival of Scapegoat is the festival celebrated at which of the following tourist destinations of J&K?
2) Nishat Bagh
3) Bahu Fort
4) Vaishno Devi
73) Which of the following is true about the Fort of Akhnoor in Jammu and Kashmir?
1) It is archeological site located in the Anantnag city of Jammu and Kashmir, at an altitude of 1800 mt above sea level
2) A cave of this fort is believed to be the place of meditation of Lord Rama
3) It is located on the banks of river tawi
4) It is located on the banks of Chenab, at the foothills of Himalayas
Ans It is located on the banks of Chenab, at the foothills of Himalayas
74) Which Power project located in the Udhampur District of J&K, contributes to the major power generation, with an installed capacity of generating 690 MW as on year 1995
75) Pir Mitha tomb is located in which of places in J&K?
76) Uri Dam on the Jhelum river is located in which of the following district of Jammu and Kashmir?
77) On which of the following dates, did the constituent assembly of J&K, met for the First time
1) 26th October, 1947
2) 31st October, 1951
3) 26th October, 1949
4) 11th November, 1951
Ans 31st Oct, 1951
78) In the year, 1532, who among the following invaded Kashmir?
2) Mirza Hyder
3) Shah Jahan
Ans Mirza Hyder
79) What is the time limit for a person to get information, as per J&K RTI Act 2009, for Jammu and Kashmir state ?
1) Within 30 Days
2) Within 50 to 60 Days
3) Exactly on the 10th Day from the Date of Request
4) Exactly on the 5th Day from the date of Request
Ans With in 30 Day
80) Chutak Hydro Electric Power plant in the Kargil district, is located on which of the following rivers in J&K?
81) Durani Empire, which rules Jammu and Kashmir, before it was annexed by Ranjit Singh, originally belonged to which of the following countries
82) Over which Lake, Mughals have built 2 artificial Islands
1) Manasbal Lake
2) Dal Lake
3) Anchar Lake
4) wular Lake
Ans Dal Lake
83) Which of the following crops are largely grown in the state of Jammu and Kashmir
1) Spices, Jowar, Bajra
2) Pulses and Black Pepper
3) Sugarcane, Barley and Mustard
4) Maize, Rice and Wheat
Ans Maize,Rice and Wheat