I cleared NET exam in my second attempt. Here in this post, I share some important tips regarding this exam, so you can clear the NET exam easily.
UGC Net exam is one of the prestigious exams in India. It is an eligibility for Assistant Professor in higher education.
Any candidate who is doing his/ her master or completed his master degree can apply for the UGC NET. It is no less than any tough exam. So you need to be prepared much well for clearing NET exam.
Advantages of NET/ JRF
- You can apply for the PhD in any universities in India.
- You will have a basic eligibility for the Assistant Professor in higher education.
- Likewise, you can avail scholarship by the central govt.
How many papers are there for the net exam?
Initially, there were three papers: paper 1, paper 2, paper 3. Paper 1 was general that was the same for all the students which consisted of 50 questions. Paper 2 and paper 3 were specific to the students’ choosen subject in which they are doing/ or have done their masters. Now the pattern has changed and there will be only two papers.
Paper 1 is a general paper which is the same for all the students consists of 50 questions. Each question carries 2 marks.
Paper 2 is related to students streams which consists of 100 questions. Each question carries 2 marks. So total marks for paper 1 and paper 2 = 300.
|Paper 1||100 Marks|
|Paper 2||200 Marks|
Strategy to clear NET exam
The steps are as follows:
- Check the syllabus for UGC NET. You can check the syllabus from there (UGC NET/ SET Syllabus). After downloading the syllabus, make sure you take printout of it because it is not wise to always check it from the website which can lead wastage of time.
- Start your preparation from the paper 1. For it purchase a good reference book for the paper 1 and a notebook where you will write important aspects. It is very important to secure 70+ marks in the first paper.
- Start preparation for the paper 2. For this you need to purchase many books. Friends don’t rely much on the internet for reading or any channel. Books are always the best. And purchase different notebooks for different units of syllabus of paper 2. For example if there are 10 units in the syllabus, make sure you have 10 copies.
- Check previous years papers and solve them. Know your drawbacks to know where you are lagging.
- Keep revising the syllabus.
I hope it will help you to clear NET Exam.