Panjab University PhD admission 2017-18
Panjab University offers PhD admission for part time and full time for twice in a year.
The PhD admissions for June session has declared. Candidates can check their eligibility and can apply online before the last date.
Candidate must have Master degree in the relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate. 5 % relaxation is prescribed to SC/ST/OBC / differently-abled candidates.
An applicant who apply for PhD have to go for entrance examination. Those who cleared the exam have to go for the second round i.e presentation. The candidates have to prepare a ppt of minimum 10 slides on the topic on which he want to pursue his research. The final selection is based on the performance on the presentation.
Exemption from Entrance Test:
Applicants who qualify NET / SLET / GATE / GPAT / ICAR / Teacher Fellowship are exempted from Ph.D. entrance examination.
Candidates can fill out the form from the website http://phdadmissions.puchd.ac.in/
The fee for Ph.D. Entrance Test is Rs. 2100/- (Rs. 1050/- for SC/ST/PwD). The fee for the Entrance Test once paid shall not be refunded
Candidates must have bring the following documents on the date of examinations
- Printout of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and photograph.
- Downloaded copy of Bank (SBI) challan.
- Photocopy of necessary academic documents..
Schedule for the Panjab university PhD admission is given below.
STEP 1: APPLY FOR PH.D PROGRAMMES
c) Apply Online.
d) Finalize Application Form
e) Download Application Form and Bank Challan simultaneously (Take a print out of the entire file on A4 size white sheets)
- Please read instructions and Elgibility Criteria carefully before registartion and depositing fee.
- Deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 2100/- (Rs. One Thousand One Hundred Only) through any SBI Bank after Registration.
Note the Transaction ID as mention on the bank Challan after depositing the fee.
After Depositing the fees login to your account. Paste your recent photograph (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm) at the designated place.
Sign at the designated place.
Submission Before submission of your application form, make sure that, in addition to the above other relevant documents as indicated below are attached:
1. University copy of challan
2. GATE/NET Certificate (if applicable)
3. Copies of all the marksheets, degree certificates, or provisional certificate if they have passed their qualifying degree.
4. Copy of OBC/SC/ST/PD category certificate if any.
5. Copy of experience and NOC certificate for part time candidates.
All documents can be handed over personally to the DEAN RESEARCH OFFICE